Are you aware of the significant health risks that poor oral hygiene can bring? Not only does this refer to cavities and tooth decay, but evidence suggests it could also lead to other illnesses. The good news is that all types of oral diseases are preventable with little effort on your part. Go through this…
6 Ways to Quickly Improve Your Smile
Methods to improve your smileThese are six options available to help patients improve the appearance of their teeth.
1. Brushing and flossingProper oral hygiene is a simple way to improve your smile. Regular brushing and flossing can make a vast difference in the appearance and health of teeth in a short amount of time. Many dental patients find that brushing two to three times a day and flossing daily results in teeth that are significantly brighter.
2. Teeth whiteningIt is common for teeth to yellow during the aging process. Certain foods and beverages, such as coffee and tea, are more likely to contribute to this yellowing. Many patients feel self-conscious when dealing with discolored teeth. Teeth whitening is an easy and painless process that effectively brightens teeth. While there are numerous over-the-counter products that can whiten teeth, such as toothpastes and gels, a dentist can effectively whiten teeth in one office appointment.
3. Dental bondingDental bonding is used to correct teeth that are chipped, broken, gapped and stained. This technique involves the creation and application of a tooth-colored composite resin that is shaped to match the teeth, then bonded to the surface. It is a simple treatment that is done in one office visit.
4. Routine dental cleaningsRoutine dental cleanings are a vital part of improving your smile. Dentists typically recommend getting a dental exam every six months. A dentist can aid in keeping a smile looking bright by thoroughly brushing and cleaning the teeth. An exam can also catch any dental problems early and prevent issues such as cavities and gum disease, resulting in a healthier smile.
5. Dental contouringDental contouring, also known as tooth reshaping, is a cosmetic treatment that can enhance teeth. This option involves the removal of small amounts of enamel to help adjust the shape of the teeth. It is often used for patients who have slight imperfections such as misshapen or overly pointy teeth. This treatment is affordable and can result in dramatic changes to the overall appearance of a smile.
6. VeneersVeneers are similar to dental bonding. However, they usually have longer-lasting results. The treatment involves thin coverings made of resin or porcelain that are custom-designed to match a patient’s teeth. These covers are created in a lab and are ready to be placed around a week after a patient is fitted for them. Veneers look natural and can correct stained, chipped or broken teeth. Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Cosmetics in Boca Raton, FL.
ConclusionThere are numerous ways to improve your smile quickly and enjoy long-lasting results. With modern dental practices and treatments, attaining a beautiful, healthy smile has never been easier. Request an appointment or call Regency Court Dentistry at (561) 566-5443 for an appointment in our Boca Raton office.
Your dentist may have told you that your tooth needs a crown. Know that you aren't on your own. Fifteen million Americans have already had crowns or bridges put on their teeth. The good news is that you have more than one way to do this common thing. This means you can find a solution…
If you want glowing teeth and are ready to go beyond what whitening kinds of toothpaste and over-the-counter strips can do, it's time to try professional teeth whiteners. But when you go to the dentist, you must make some important choices.Should you get your teeth whitened professionally with bleaching trays or pay for laser teeth…